Incoming FHS Freshman Cheerleader Tryouts ~ May 2nd & 3rd!!!
This is some basic info about the Foothill Incoming Freshmen Cheer Program.
Read this carefully; cheerleading is a lot of fun and is very rewarding, but it also takes hard work and dedication.
That hard work starts with tryouts on Tuesday May 2nd (5:30-8:30) and Wednesday May 3rd
What is the Freshman Cheer Program?
- The tryouts in May is the only tryout offered for current 8th grade students that will be attending Foothill in the fall and the only way for incoming freshmen to get involved in cheerleading for football season.
- The freshmen program is designed to get incoming freshmen involved in the school and with cheer.
- During the fall, freshmen cheerleaders will cheer during football season at all home games.
- The freshmen cheerleaders will also participate in at least one rally in the fall part of the school year.
- Once school starts, the freshmen cheerleaders will practice 2-3 days a week depending on game schedules.
- Practice times are afterschool (actual times will be released soon as we are awaiting our new bell schedule).
- The actual days we will meet will be determined as we get closer to the school year but we
- Typically practice on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Before school starts, all cheerleaders will get a detailed schedule.
What will tryouts be like?
- No previous experience is necessary, everything you need for tryouts will be taught to you.
- During the teaching session on Tuesday, May 2nd, the cheer candidates will be taught cheers and a dance.
- On Wednesday May 3rd, all those trying out for cheer will be tryout in small groups and do the material they learned on Monday before a small panel of judges with no other audience but will have returning cheerleaders with them so they are not alone.
- After the screening process is complete, we will post a list of all those who have been chosen to participate with the FHS Cheerleading Program on our team website: fhscheer.org and the school Instagram page (@foothill_trojans).
What are the expectations of all Trojan Cheerleaders?
- As representatives of Foothill High School, cheerleaders are expected to be role models in and out of uniform, on the court/field/sideline as well as in the classroom.
- They are expected to attend all required events including games, practices, events, and rallies while maintaining good grades and great attendance.
Will Cheerleaders practice over summer?
- FHS cheerleaders will take the majority of the summer off to refresh and then begin getting ready for the school year at the beginning of August.
- A full schedule will be handed out at tryouts.
*All cheerleaders must have a current physical on file with Foothill High School when we begin our summer practices in August and information about physicals will be shared at tryouts as well.
What is the cost of the freshmen cheerleading program?
- There is no cost that is required to be an FHS cheerleader - uniforms belong to the school and will be checked out to all freshmen cheerleaders in August.
- All cheerleaders will need a pair of solid white tennis shoes, if they want to order shoes through the school, there will be an opportunity to do that in August.
- All female cheerleaders will also need a pair of black polyester boy-short briefs and a black sports bra; again these can be ordered through the school for your convenience or bought on your own at a store of your choice.
Good luck on your mission to become a Trojan Cheerleader!
We hope to see you on Monday, May 2nd @ 5:30pm in the gym!!
Questions?? – email: email@example.com
Or call (661)366-4491, extension 73099